The Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) device CAL authorizes a computer or other device to access the customer service application in Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server, regardless of the number of users. Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server is the on-premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and runs on Windows Server. The on-premises version of the Dynamics 365 for Customer Service application provides a limited subset of the customer relationship management (CRM) capabilities that are available in the cloud-based version.
This offer provides one Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) device CAL. The rights to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software and the Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) application are included with the CAL. For additional information about Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) and its licensing requirements, see the Guide to Dynamics 365 Products and Licensing.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one on the Current Versions of Microsoft Products page. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organizations
You can use Dynamics 365 for Customer Service (On-Premises) to
- Simplify relationship management by bringing together all constituent information into a central location
- Automate and streamline processes by identifying best practices and creating consistent procedures
- Create reports: Reports are available with on-demand, scheduled, or event-based delivery and can be generated by users without IT assistance.
- Import data: Users can upload data in bulk to integrate contacts, emails, tasks, appointments, or notes with the appropriate customer records.
- Track correspondence: Replies to tracked emails are automatically tracked as well, allowing users to quickly see all pertinent correspondence with or about a customer.
- Deploy a knowledge base: You can set up a searchable knowledge base for your employees to provide them with consistent answers across channels.
CALs do not require media, license keys, or setup codes.
CALs offered through TechSoup Korea are always for the currently offered version of the server software. However, these licenses can also be used with earlier versions of the server software.
Obtaining the Server Software
The right to run Dynamics 365 (On-Premises) Server software is included with the CAL. No additional licenses are needed for server software.
Installing the server software requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
Expect two emails:
- When your request has been approved, TechSoup Korea will send a message to your organization email address. This email will confirm the number of licenses you have requested and provide information about how to use the VLSC once Microsoft accepts your license agreement. Make sure the email address in your organization details is up to date by visiting your account.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the VLSC. This email will indicate that Microsoft has accepted your license agreement. After you receive this email, you'll be able to follow the steps in the first email you received from TechSoup Korea to obtain your product through the VLSC.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.